The eyes are the sense organs of sight. Their function is to capture light.
Eyes are very delicate and need protection.
- Eyelids protect the eyes by opening and closing.
- Eyebrows and eyelashes protect the eyes from dirt.
- Tears keep the eyes moist.
There are five main parts: the cornea, the pupil, the iris, the lens and the retina.
- First, light passes through the cornea. The cornea is transparent.
- Then, light passes through the pupil. The pupil is the hole in the centre of the iris.
- The level of light is controlled by the iris. The iris is a coloured ring.
- The lens helps the eye to focus.
- Finally, the retina captures the light.