- A gulf is a large area of sea that bites into the land.
- A bay is a small gulf.
- A cape is a large piece of land that sticks out into the sea.
- A peninsula is a narrow piece of land surrounded by water on three sides. It is connected to the mainland by a strip of land called an isthmus.
- An island is an area of land completely surrounded by water.
- An archipelago is a group of islands.
|Gulf of Mexico. Photo from: divinglore.com|
|Hanauma Bay. Photo from: ErgoSum88|
|Cape Point: Photo from here.|
|Peninsula Croatia and Isthmus. Photo from Kork|
|Mago Island, Fiji. Photo from: Private Islands|
|Raja Ampat Archipelago. Photo from The Miracle of Indonesia|